Traveling to Costa Rica Throughout COVID-19 Pandemic
Last upgraded: Nov 01, 2020
As the variety of covid-19 instances soars to new highest possible, Costa Rica raises its traveling restrictions and opens its global airport terminals to tourists from all races back again. Who can take a trip? Where to fly from? What needs remain? What will you need? What guidelines will be enforced? The responses listed below …
Who can Traveling to Costa Rica?
Efficient November 1, 2020, Costa Rica raised all travel limitations implemented concerning 7 months earlier in action to the Corona virus pandemic. People or legal permanent residents of all nations worldwide will be qualified to go into Costa Rica.
Note: Please take a look at if you require a visa to get in Costa Rica.
Where to Fly From?
You can take a trip to Costa Rica on direct or continuously trips leaving from any type of location.
What are the New traveling Requirements?
In addition to the standard needs (you can find them here), you will need to have prior to your trip:
- Proof of traveling medical insurance issued and purchased from either an insurance provider that has protection in Costa Rica or an insurance company incorporated in Costa Rica as well as signed up at the Costa Rican federal government State Insurance coverage Workplace (“Superintendencia General de Seguros” also recognized by its phrase SUGESE)). The insurance must cover the condition COVID-19 with at the very least $50,000 USD in medical expenditures and $2,000 in lodging insurance coverage in instance of unanticipated quarantine. You can get a quote and buy the insurance coverage here: https://cotiza.ins-cr.com/frmDatosIncluir.aspx?P=431
- Submit an on the internet wellness survey called “Health and wellness Pass” performed by the Costa Rican Social Medicine Administration (Caja Costarricense de Seguro Social (CCSS)). You must complete the form include in this place https://salud.go.cr. It will certainly request you to offer your individual, trip info including your home address as well as health and wellness background. It will certainly likewise ask you to input your insurance policy certification number. When you have actually sent the kind the system will create a QR code for you to download and install as well as keep in your mobile phone or print to reveal to your airline company or flight terminal authorities.
At the Flight terminal …
As quickly as you get out of the airplane you will certainly be required to:
- Put on a face mask (medical, N95 or towel) inside the airport
- Stroll over disinfecting shoe mats
- Go through health and wellness screening/body-temperature checkpoints
- Maintain physical distance– at least 6 feet (2 meters)– in between on your own and other individuals that are not traveling with you
Out of the Flight terminal …
Once you are out of the airport terminal …
You are not called for to quarantine or to follow driving constraint routines so discover bushes of Costa Rica with the complying with in mind:
- Maintain physical distance– at the very least 6 feet (2 meters)– between yourself and also other people that are not taking a trip with you
- Put on a face mask (medical, n95 or towel) or guard when you are indoors so you adhere to the health and wellness needs inside the nation.
All tourism relevant company will have either soap and water, massaging alcohol in a spray bottle, or hand sanitizer readily available for you to utilize.
Your overview, motorist, steward, waitress, hotel personnel will certainly also be called for to use a face mask or guard.