COVID-19 in Costa Rica – COVID-19 Extremely High
New Travel Demands
All air passengers involving the United States, including UNITED STATE people, are called for to have a negative COVID-19 test result or paperwork of recuperation from COVID-19 prior to they board a trip to the USA. See the Regularly Asked Inquiries for more details.
Level 4: Extremely High Degree of COVID-19 in Costa Rica
Secret Info for Travelers to Costa Rica
- Travelers must prevent all travel to Costa Rica.
- Travel may raise your possibility of obtaining and also spreading out COVID-19.
- If you should take a trip:
- Prior to you travel, obtain tested with a viral test1– 3 days before your journey. Do not travel if you are waiting on examination results, examination positive, or are sick. Follow all access needs for your location and offer any required or requested health and wellness information.
- Throughout travel, use a mask, remain at least 6 feet from individuals that are not taking a trip with you, wash your hands commonly or make use of hand sanitizer, as well as view your health and wellness for indicators of illness.
- Before traveling back to the USA, obtain examined with a viral examination 1– 3 days prior to travel. Adhere to all location and also airline company suggestions or demands.
- After you take a trip, get evaluated3– 5 days after traveling AND ALSO stay at home for 7 days after travel.
Traveling and also COVID-19
Travel may raise your possibility of obtaining and spreading out COVID-19. Staying at home is the most effective way to safeguard yourself and others from COVID-19. Flight terminals, bus stations, train terminals, and remainder quits are all locations vacationers can be exposed to the virus. These are additionally places where it can be tough to social range. If you take a trip, take actions before, during, as well as after travel to maintain on your own and also others from obtaining COVID-19.
Delay traveling if you are waiting on test outcomes, test favorable, are sick, or if you have actually been around somebody with COVID-19 in the previous 2 week. Find out even more regarding When to Postpone Traveling.
Before You Traveling
Tourists ought to stay clear of all traveling to Costa Rica. If you must take a trip, speak with your physician in advance of traveling, especially if you go to enhanced threat for serious illness from COVID-19.
If traveling by air, check if your airline requires any type of health information, test outcomes, or various other papers. Follow entrance needs or limitations at your destination which could consist of testing, quarantine, and offering contact details. Contact your location’s Workplace of Foreign Affairs or Ministry of Health and wellness or the US Department of State, Bureau of Consular Matters, Country Info page for information concerning entrance demands and constraints for arriving tourists. If you examine favorable on arrival, you may be called for to isolate. You may be avoided from returning to the United States as scheduled.
If you get sick in Costa Rica, you may need treatment. Plan ahead and also learn more regarding Obtaining Health Care Throughout Traveling.
If you travel, take the following actions to safeguard on your own as well as others from COVID-19:
- Remain at the very least 6 feet/2 meters(about 2 arm lengths) from any person who is not traveling with you. It is very important to do this all over– both inside as well as outdoors.
- Use a maskto maintain your nose as well as mouth covered when you remain in shared rooms, including when making use of public transport.
- Wash your handsfrequently or utilize hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol).
- Prevent contact with any individual that is sick.
- Prevent touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Do not take a trip if you are ill.
After You Traveling
You may have been exposed to COVID-19 during your journeys. You could really feel well and not have any type of signs and symptoms, but you can be infectious without signs and symptoms and can spread out the virus to others.
After you take a trip, take the complying with actions to secure others from getting sick for 2 week after traveling:
- Obtain evaluated 3– 5 days after your journey AND stay at home for 7 days after traveling.
- Even if you examine adverse, stay home for the full 7 days.
- If your test declares, isolate yourself to protect others from obtaining contaminated.
- If you do not get tested, it’s safest to stay home for 10 days after travel.
- Prevent being around people who are at boosted threat for extreme ailment for 2 week, whether you get examined or not.
- Constantly comply with state and neighborhoodrecommendations or demands related to travel.
Take these activities to protect others from getting ill:
- Stay at least 6 feet/2 meters(regarding 2 arm sizes) from anybody who did not travel with you, specifically in crowded locations. It is very important to do this everywhere– both indoors and also outdoors.
- Wear a maskto keep your nose and also mouth covered when you are in shared areas outside of your residence, consisting of when utilizing public transportation.
- Use a maskand also ask any type of home participants that did not take a trip with you to wear masks in common areas inside your residence.
- Wash your handsfrequently or make use of hand sanitizer (with a minimum of 60% alcohol).
- View your wellness: Seek signs of COVID-19, and also take your temperature if you really feel unwell.
See CDC’s After You Travelweb page to find out more.
Other Factors to consider
If you get ill with COVID-19 or examination favorable for the infection that triggers COVID-19 while abroad, you might not be permitted to return to the USA up until you can finish isolation. If you are revealed to somebody with COVID-19 during traveling, you could be quarantined as well as not be allowed to go back to the United States until your quarantine is lifted.
Medical professional Info
Medical professionals need to get an in-depth traveling history for people with signs and symptoms of COVID-19 infection. If you presume that a traveler has COVID-19, see Info for Health Care Professionals about Coronavirus (COVID-19)for information on evaluating, reporting, clinical treatment support, and infection control.