About Costa Rica
Costa Rica lies in Central America, linking North and also South America. It surrounds Nicaragua to the north and Panama to the south. As a result of its area, cozy weather predominates, however various microclimates are located throughout the nation. According to the National Stats and also Demographics Institute, Costa Rica has a population of approximately 4,890,379, of which 2,467,829 are males and 2,422,551 are women.The nation is divided right into 7 districts (San José, its funding, Alajuela, Cartago, Heredia, Puntarenas, Guanacaste and also Limón), 81 cantons and also 463 areas. It stretches across 51,100 square kilometers, which is the size of the nation. It is an autonomous, totally free as well as independent Republic. A lot of the population professes the Catholic religious beliefs as well as takes pleasure in civil liberty. Its money is the colón, as well as its main language is Spanish.One of the most vital as well as identified qualities of the nation was the abolition of its military on Dec. 1, 1948 by previous Head of state José Figueres Ferrer. On that particular day, peace turned into one of the major principles of Costa Rica, differentiating it from various other Main American nations that use the army as a technique of defense.Costa Rica has nationwide patriotic symbols that stand for part of the identity as well as traditions of Costa Ricans, particularly the National Anthem of Costa Rica, the Shield of the Republic of Costa Rica, the National Flag, the White-Tailed Deer, the Guaria Morada (a sort of orchid that is the nationwide blossom), Marimba, Oxcarts, the Yigüirro (or clay-colored yeast infection, the national bird), the Guanacaste Tree, The Pre-Columbian Balls of Diquís, the manatee, the Lantern of Freedom and also the Crestones of Chirripó National Park.Official language:
Spanish. A large part of
the populace speaks English as a 2nd language.Official religion: Roman Catholic; total liberty of religion.Official currency:
Costa Rican Colón(plural colones )( cents )Administrative departments:
Costa Rica is separated right into 7 provinces:San José,
Alajuela, Heredia, Cartago,
Puntarenas, Guanacaste, and Limón. Each province is split into cantons, which are additional partitionedinto districts.The nation’s aquatic territory includes the Isla del Coco, a World Natural Heritage site, located 548 kilometres from Cabo Blanco, in the Pacific Ocean. It has an acreage of 2,400 hectares as well as an aquatic area of 73,100 hectares.National signs: The guaria morada: The guaria morada (Cattleya skinneri), a species of orchid, was stated the national blossom of Costa Rica on July 15, 1939. National flag:
- The national flag of Costa Rica. Under Mandate no. 768 of October 25, 1949, National Flag Day (Día del Pabellón Nacional)is celebrated on November 12th of each year. The National Flag of the Republic is a tricolor with five straight bands: a red band in the center in between two bands of white, each of which is followed by a blue band. The size of each band is one-sixth of the overall size of the flag, with the red band in the facility using up two-sixths of the width. The coat of arms must be put in the facility of the red band on a white background.Guanacaste tree: Enterolobium cyclocarpum. On August 31, 1959, it was stated as the national tree of Costa Rica.Coat of arms of Costa Rica: The Coat of Arms reveals three volcanoes and a large valley in between two oceans, with a seller ship in each ocean. A climbing sun is revealed on the much left of the upper line, which marks the perspective. The crest is nearby 2 hand leaves that are joined by a wide, white sash bearing golden letters that define”República de Costa Rica “. Clay-colored yeast infection: The clay-colored thush( or yigüirro) was proclaimed the national bird of Costa Rica in 1977 in the interest of the defense of this as well as various other bird types in the country.The typical ox-cart: The ox-cart, or carreta, was declared a national symbol of labor in 1988.
- While they are no longer made use of to move coffee, the vibrant paint and also the original layouts made by craftsmens have actually made them renowned around the world.The nationwide anthem: declared a nationwide icon on June 15, 1949 by Decree no. 551. The songs was created in 1852 by the poet Manuel María Gutiérrez as well as the verses were written by José María Zeledón.The white-tailed deer: based on Legal Mandate No. 7497, it has actually been the nationwide icon of Costa Rican wildlife because June 8, 1995. The Marimba: declared the nationwide instrument the same level quality by Executive Order No. 25114-C on September 3, 1996. It is taken into consideration to be the musical instrument that is connected with one of the most varied prominent events in Costa Rica.The Lantern of Self-reliance: stated a nationwide symbol on September 14, 2005 by Mandate No. 32647-C. Considering that 1964, the torch excursions Central America as a representation of the liberty and independence of Main American peoples.The Crestones of Chirripó National Forest: Proclaimed a national icon by Legislation 8943, published in the Authorities Journal La Gaceta No. 170 on September 5, 2011. The Costa Rican Tourism Board has actually been licensed
- to promote them as a tourist destination in Chirripó National Park.The manatee: was stated an icon of Costa Rica’s aquatic fauna and also of the hope and also rate of interest of Costa Rican youngsters in shielding natural deposits included in the nationwide area by
- Regulation no. 9264 of August 7, 2014, published in the Authorities Journal La Gaceta no. 183 on September 24, 2014.Pre-Columbian Spheres: In 2014, UNESCO picked the Diquís grouping of villages belonging to pre-Columbian chieftainships with rock balls as a Globe Heritage Website. The Costa Rican Legislative Assembly
- declared them to be a national sign of the country adhering to the approval of Regulation no. 9265 of August 11, 2014, published in the Authorities Journal La Gaceta no. 201 on October 20, 2014. Archeologists think that the stones were placed there by the aboriginal individuals of the location between 300 B.C. and also 300 A.D., though the sculptures have actually not yet had the ability to be scientifically dated.The National Theater: On February 5 of this year, the then-President of the Republic, Luis Guillermo Solís, signed the law declaring the National Theater of Costa Rica as a National Sign of Historical Archeological Heritage as well as Cultural Liberty. The law was authorized in a second analysis by 40 deputies.Main distances:246 kilometres (153 mi)by land from Puntarenas to Limón.534 kilometres(337 mi )by land from Peñas Blancas, at the Nicaraguan border, to Paso Canoas, at the boundary with Panama.Highest point: Cerro Chirripó, at 3,819 meters(12,529 feet)above sea level.Highest volcano: Volcán Irazú.Largest volcanic crater: Volcán Poás crater, with a size of 1,320 m(43,307 ft )and a depth of 300 m(984 feet). Electric coverage:97%of the national territory has electric power. Residential voltage is 110V. Office hours Public market: Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. State banks: Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.Private market Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Most of organizations operate on Saturdays as well as Sundays until midday.The political system is stood for by 3 powers, which are The Executive Power, the Legal Power as well as the Judicial Power. The Elections High court is taken into consideration the 4th power of the Republic.
San José.Country location: 51,100 km2( 19,730 square miles). Heritage as well as culture Costa Rican society is in lots of ways a reflection of its racial variety. The predominant impact has long been European, which is reflected in whatever from the official language– Spanish– to the style of the country’s churches and also other historic structures. The native impact is less noticeable, yet can be discovered in every little thing from the tortillas that are a staple of the Costa Rican diet, to the handmade porcelains sold at roadside stands.A vital element of Costa Rica’s cultural tradition is our love for peace and freedom. The Ticos proudly mention the country is just one of minority Latin American countries where an army tyranny has actually not controlled politics.The Ticos Costa Ricans are proud to have more than a century of autonomous tradition and more than 68 years without an armed forces.